Afg Guidance Center is seeking a full-time postdoctoral fellow who has completed the requirements for a doctoral degree in clinical psychology or comparable program. The post-doctoral position will begin in July or August of 2021 and is a supervised, full-time, salaried, 12-month position. Post-licensure, this position has the potential to shift into a permanent staff psychologist position.
Afg Guidance Center is a multidisciplinary group private practice composed of psychiatrists, psychologists, and licensed clinical professional counselors. The clinical team at AFG Guidance Center is dedicated to helping children, adolescents, and their families find solutions to behavioral, emotional, social, and academic difficulties through an interdisciplinary approach to treatment. We strive to develop partnerships between ourselves and the individual and their families seeking our help and support. Our clinicians operate as a team, rather than a collection of independent contractors. As such, a postdoctoral clinician will be expected to communicate and consult with other clinicians, as well as to collaborate on projects and initiatives designed to enrich both our practice and the communities that we serve.
- Applicants must have completed all requirements for a doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology and completed a predoctoral internship (Psy.D. or Ph.D.).
- Applicants must be eligible to sit for licensure in the State of Illinois by the end of postdoctoral training.
Our Ideal Postdoctoral Candidate is:
- An individual with a sense of humor who is passionate about working with children, adolescents, and their families. Experience working with young adults is a plus!
- Someone who is highly organized, goal-directed, and able to utilize excellent communication skills.
- An individual who is dependable, reliable, and willing to put effort into improving their own clinical skills as well as supportive of the practice’s continued growth and development.
- Someone who is people-oriented and able to interact collaboratively with colleagues, clients, and members of the community.
- An individual who is adaptable, flexible, and willing to creatively problem-solve in situations that may arise.
- An individual who, while under supervision, can maintain clear communication with their supervisor and engage in the supervision process as well as respond to feedback provided.
- Ability to counsel and work effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse population.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and standards of professional conduct.
- Maintain an average of approximately 25 clinical therapy hours per week, including some evening and weekend hours.
- Complete, on average, two comprehensive neuropsychological batteries per month.
- Engage in weekly individual supervision with an onsite Licensed Clinical Psychologist.
- Provide support to the Clinical Psychology Training program through leading didactic and professional development seminars.
- Complete all required appointment scheduling, clinical chart notes, and electronic paperwork to document provided services using the electronic management record (EMR) in a timely manner.
- Communicate and collaborate with clinicians within the practice, as well as referring psychiatrists, school personnel, mental health clinicians, and families.
- Provide crisis intervention services to ensure risk levels are properly managed and triaged to a higher level of care as needed.
- Engage clients in therapeutic interventions that are well informed, age appropriate, and account for individual client differences.
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a $42,000 a year, salaried position.
- We offer comprehensive and competitive health benefits.
- The support of a multi-person administration team that manages billing and client accounts.
- The potential to shift into a full-time contractual staff-psychologist position pending licensure and successful completion of the post-doctoral fellowship program.
To be considered for the position, applicants must submit the following materials electronically to Kimberly Mula, Psy.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail to:
Dr. Kimberly Mula
Afg Guidance Center
444 Green Bay Road
Kenilworth, IL 60043
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Graduate School Transcript
- 3 Letters of Professional References
- De-identified Neuropsychological Assessment Writing Sample