Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Afg Guidance Center is seeking a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who has an active and unrestricted clinical psychologist license in the State of Illinois. This is initially a part-time position that can build up to a full-time position.
Afg Guidance Center is a multidisciplinary group private practice composed of psychiatrists, psychologists, and licensed clinical professional counselors. The clinical team at AFG Guidance Center is dedicated to helping children, adolescents, and their families find solutions to behavioral, emotional, social, and academic difficulties through an interdisciplinary approach to treatment. We strive to develop partnerships between ourselves and the individuals and their families seeking our help and support. Our clinicians operate as a team, as opposed to a collection of independent contractors. As such, you will be asked to communicate and consult with other clinicians, as well as to collaborate on projects and initiatives designed to build practice and promote well-being within the communities that we serve.
- Applicants must have completed all requirements for a Doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology having a confirmed Psy.D. or Ph.D.
- Applicants must be licensed as a clinical psychologist in the State of Illinois without restrictions.
- 2-3 years post-licensure experience
- Previous supervisory experience at the graduate or postgraduate level is preferred, but not mandatory
- Experience providing therapy and conducting neuropsychological assessments with children, adolescents, and young adults
- Experience providing services to adults is preferred, but not mandatory
- Valid Malpractice insurance – $1,000,000/$3,000,000 required
Our Ideal Candidate is:
- An individual with a sense of humor who is passionate about working with children, adolescents, and their families. Experience with adult clients is a plus!
- Someone who is highly organized, goal-directed, and able to utilize excellent communication and writing skills.
- An individual who is dependable, reliable, and willing to put effort into improving their own clinical skills in addition to being supportive of the practice’s continued growth and development.
- Someone who is people-oriented and able to interact collaboratively with colleagues, clients, and members of the community.
- An individual who is adaptable, flexible, and willing to creatively problem-solve situations that may arise.
- Ability to counsel and work effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse population.
- Knowledge of and adherence to applicable laws and ethical standards of professional conduct.
- Maintain a minimum of 15 clinical therapy hours per week if seeking a part-time position
- Maintain an average of 20-25 clinical therapy hours per week if seeking full-time position
- Available evening and weekend hours.
- Complete, on average, two comprehensive neuropsychological batteries per month.
- Engage in bi-weekly consultation with other licensed members of the clinical staff.
- Provide support to the doctoral-level training program through leading didactic and professional development seminars
- Complete all required scheduling, clinical chart notes, and electronic paperwork to document provided services using the electronic management record (EMR) in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with clinicians within the practice, as well as referring psychiatrists, school personnel, mental health clinicians, and families.
- Provide crisis intervention services to ensure risk levels are properly managed and triaged to a higher level of care as needed.
- Engage clients in therapeutic interventions that are well informed, age appropriate, and account for individual client differences.
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a contracted position that offers a competitive rate per therapy session/clinical hour.
- We offer comprehensive and competitive health benefits.
- The support of a multi-person administration team that manages billing and client accounts.
- Support in becoming credentialed with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO as an in-network provider.
To be considered for the position, applicants must submit the following materials electronically to Kimberly Mula, Psy.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to:
Dr. Kimberly Mula
Afg Guidance Center
444 Green Bay Road
Kenilworth, IL 60043
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Graduate School Transcript
- Names and contact information (including address, telephone number, and e-mail) of three professional references.
- De-identified Neuropsychological Assessment Writing Sample