Psychiatric Care in Northfield, IL
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of behavioral health disorders affecting patients of all ages. A psychiatric evaluation is recommended for patients of all ages experiencing emotional, behavioral, and social difficulties, and for children and teens struggling with developmental or learning difficulties. Through comprehensive interviews with the patient, this evaluation will explore the possible contributing psychological factors regarding current difficulties, stressors, and/or academic/workplace issues, as well as, medical, developmental, and family history. Based upon the information gathered, the psychiatrist and patient will discuss the results of the assessment, as well as, diagnosis and treatment recommendations. These recommendations may or may not include the use of psychotropic medication. If psychotropic medication is an agreed upon intervention, the psychiatrist will prescribe the medication and will closely monitor the impact on symptoms.
- The patient or parents of an individual who is referred for a psychiatric evaluation need to complete the initial intake interview prior to a psychiatric appointment being scheduled.
- Once the intake is completed, you will be scheduled for an initial psychiatric evaluation. During this appointment, the client (and parents) discuss presenting concerns, as well as, treatment options for medication and recommendations for additional interventions such as therapy or testing.
- If medication is prescribed, patients or their parents are asked to complete a standard series of medical evaluations such as blood work and/or an EKG to ensure that they/their child is in good health prior to starting a new medication.
- Medication follow-up appointments are scheduled at varying time intervals depending upon the amount of monitoring the psychiatrist believes is appropriate for the patient. It is strongly encouraged that appointments are made in advance or at the end of each meeting with the psychiatrist.
- Afg Guidance Center is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO. BCBS insurance will be billed according to the services provided. Prior to your appointment, contact your insurance company to ensure your behavioral health care is covered under your current plan.
- Payment for all self-pay individuals is made at the end of each appointment. A detailed receipt for reimbursement from the insurance company will be provided.
For more information
For more information please contact our support staff at 847-853-0234 or firstname.lastname@example.org