Thank you for choosing Afg Guidance Center for your child’s behavioral health care. Below, you will find helpful information as you begin the intake process at our program.
The intake process at Afg Guidance Center is our initial contact with families, children, and adolescents where essential current and historical information is gathered. This pivotal interview guides the treatment process and determines a patient’s therapeutic needs and individualizes the treatment interventions offered. Please complete all of the new patient forms including the Comprehensive Developmental Assessment easily accessed on this page prior to your initial appointment.
You must call the office to initiate services PRIOR to completion of any forms.
- After a parent contacts our practice, one of our clinicians will schedule an intake appointment. This meeting is typically 60 minutes in duration.
- The focus of the intake meeting is to gather information regarding the reasons for seeking services, current presenting problems, history of concerns as well as the review of current and previous developmental, medical, academic, social and emotional functioning.
- Parents are asked to prior to their intake meeting to verify their behavioral health coverage through their insurance company. We are in network for Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO. We are no longer in network for Blue Choice and are considered a Tier II provider for Blue Options plans. We request that all clients verify insurance coverage prior to initiating services at the practice. Please complete the Insurance Verification Form located in the ‘Forms’ section below.
- Parents are also asked to bring all previous evaluations including academic and psychological evaluations, medical evaluations as well as educational plans to the intake appointment.
- After the intake evaluation is completed, appointments with our psychiatrists, neuropsychologist and therapists will be arranged.
Psychiatric & Psychological Conditions We Treat
Treating Children, Adolescents, and Families in the Chicagoland Area
Our psychiatrists and clinicians strive to remain at the forefront of assessment strategies and treatment interventions thereby ensuring that we provide our clients with the best comprehensive care possible. We take specialized approaches to providing psychiatric and psychological services to children, adolescents, young adults and their families.
AFG Guidance Center does not specialize in substance abuse disorders or eating disorders. Please see our referral list for these conditions. If you have any questions, please call our office at (847) 853 – 0234.
The following is a list of some of the conditions we treat:
For more information or to schedule a consultation for your child, please give us a call today at (847) 853-0234. You can also check out our Mental Health Tip Sheets for useful information on mental and behavioral disorders, along with tips on improving day-to-day mental health for your family.
At Afg Guidance Center, we trust you share our belief that therapy is crucial to the successful treatment of your child. We understand there will be unavoidable events will prevent you from keeping your regularly scheduled appointments. We ask that you take a moment to review and become familiar with our Cancellation Policy. You can download a copy as well.