Licensed Adult Clinical Psychologist
Afg Guidance Center is seeking a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who has an active and unrestricted clinical psychological license in the State of Illinois, as well as experience in working with an adult population. This is initially a part-time position that has the potential to build up to a full-time position.
Afg Guidance Center is a multidisciplinary group private practice composed of psychiatrists, psychologists, and licensed clinical professional counselors. The clinical team at AFG Guidance Center is dedicated to helping children, adolescents, young adults, and their families find solutions to behavioral, emotional, social, and academic difficulties through an interdisciplinary approach to treatment. We strive to develop partnerships between ourselves and the individuals and their families seeking our help and support. Our clinicians operate as a team, as opposed to a collection of independent contractors. As such, you will be asked to communicate and consult with other clinicians, as well as to collaborate on projects and initiatives designed to build the practice and promote well-being within the communities that we serve.
- Applicants must have completed all requirements for a Doctorate in Clinical or Counseling
Psychology having a confirmed Psy.D. or Ph.D.
- Applicants must be licensed as clinical psychologists in the State of Illinois without restrictions.
- 2-3 years post-licensure experience
- Previous supervisory experience at the graduate or postgraduate level is preferred, but not
- Experience providing therapy and conducting neuropsychological assessments with an adult
- Valid Malpractice insurance – $1,000,000/$3,000,000 required
Our Ideal Candidate is:
- Someone who has extensive experience working with adult clients who present with anxiety,
depression, and executive functioning delays.
- Someone who is highly organized, goal-directed, and able to utilize excellent communication and
- An individual who is dependable, reliable, and willing to put effort into improving their own
clinical skills in addition to being supportive of the practice’s continued growth and development.
- Someone who is people-oriented and able to interact collaboratively with colleagues, clients, and
members of the community.
- An individual who is adaptable, flexible, and willing to creatively problem-solve situations that
- Ability to counsel and work effectively with an ethnically and culturally-diverse population.
- Maintain a minimum of 15 clinical therapy hours per week if seeking a part-time position
- Maintain an average of 20-25 clinical therapy hours per week for the full-time position
- Available evening and weekend hours.
- Complete, on average, two comprehensive neuropsychological batteries per month.
- Engage in bi-weekly consultation with other licensed members of the clinical staff.
- Provide support to the doctoral-level training program through leading didactic and professional
- Complete all required scheduling, clinical chart notes, and electronic paperwork to document
provided services using the electronic medical record (EMR) in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with clinicians within the practice, as well as referring psychiatrists, mental health
providers, and families.
- Provide crisis intervention services to ensure risk levels are properly managed and triaged to a
higher level of care as needed.
- Engage clients in therapeutic interventions that are well informed and account for individual
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a contracted position that offers a competitive rate per therapy session/clinical hour.
- We offer comprehensive and competitive health benefits.
- The support of a multi-person administration team that manages billing and client accounts.
- Support in becoming credentialed with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO as an in-network provider.
- Client Referrals.
To be considered for the position, applicants must submit the following materials electronically to Kimberly Mula, Psy.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to:
Kimberly Mula, Psy.D.
Afg Guidance Center
444 Green Bay Road
Kenilworth, IL 60043
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Graduate School Transcript
- Names and contact information (including address, telephone number, and e-mail) of three
- De-identified Neuropsychological Assessment Writing Sample