Licensed Professional Counselor
Afg Guidance Center is seeking a Licensed Professional Counselor who has completed the requirements for a master’s degree in Psychology or Counseling, and obtained the LPC license in Illinois.
Afg Guidance Center is a multidisciplinary group private practice composed of psychiatrists, psychologists, and licensed clinical professional counselors. The clinical team at AFG Guidance Center is dedicated to helping children, adolescents, and their families find solutions to behavioral, emotional, social, and academic difficulties through an interdisciplinary approach to treatment. We strive to develop partnerships between ourselves and the individuals and their families seeking our help and support. Our clinicians operate as a team, rather than a collection of independent contractors. As such, a Licensed Professional Counselor candidate will be expected to communicate and consult with other clinicians, as well as to collaborate on projects and initiatives designed to enrich both our practice and the communities that we serve.
- Applicants must have completed all requirements for a Masters in Clinical Psychology or Counseling Psychology and completed their LPC Licensure in Illinois.
Our Ideal Candidate is:
- An individual with a sense of humor who is passionate about working with children, adolescents, and their families. Experience working with young adults is a plus!
- Someone who is highly organized, goal-directed, and able to utilize excellent communication skills and writing skills.
- An individual who is dependable, reliable, and willing to put effort into improving their own clinical skills as well as being supportive of the practice’s continued growth and development.
- Someone who is people-oriented and able to interact collaboratively with colleagues, clients, and members of the community in a highly professional manner.
- An individual who is adaptable, flexible, and willing to creatively problem-solve in situations that may arise while still seeking supervision, consultation, and support as needed.
- An individual who, while under supervision, can maintain clear communication with their supervisor and engage in the supervision process as well as respond to feedback provided.
- Ability to counsel and work effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse population.
- Knowledge of and adherence to applicable laws and ethical standards of professional conduct.
- Maintain an average of approximately 18-25 clinical therapy hours per week for a total of a 40-hour work week.
- Complete intake interviews for new patients and compose a well-written diagnostic summary based upon the interview.
- Engage in weekly individual supervision with an onsite Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor.
- Provide support to the Clinical Training program through leading occasional didactic and professional development seminars.
- Complete all required scheduling of appointments, clinical chart notes, and electronic paperwork to document provided services using the electronic management record (EMR) in a timely manner.
- Collaborate and communicate with clinicians within the practice, as well as referring psychiatrists, school personnel, mental health clinicians, and families
- Engage clients in therapeutic interventions that are well informed, age appropriate, and account for individual client differences.
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a contracted position that offers a competitive $35 rate per session/clinical hour.
- We offer comprehensive and competitive health benefits.
- The support of a multi-person administration team that manages billing and client accounts.
- Support in becoming credentialed with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO as an in-network provider should you decide to stay with the practice post-licensure as an LCPC.
- Client Referrals
To be considered for the position, applicants must submit the following materials electronically to Kimberly Mula, Psy.D. at email@example.com, or via mail to:
Dr. Kimberly Mula
Afg Guidance Center
444 Green Bay Road
Kenilworth, IL 60043
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Professional References
- Official Graduate School Transcript
- Clinical case conceptualization writing sample