Thank you for choosing Afg Guidance Center for your child’s behavioral health care. Below, you will find helpful information as you begin the intake process at our program.
The intake process at Afg Guidance Center is our initial contact with families, children, and adolescents where essential current and historical information is gathered. This pivotal interview guides the treatment process and determines a patient’s therapeutic needs and individualizes the treatment interventions offered. Please complete all of the new patient forms including the Comprehensive Developmental Assessment easily accessed on this page prior to your initial appointment.
- After a parent contacts our practice, one of our clinicians will schedule an intake appointment. This meeting is typically 60 minutes in duration.
- The focus of the intake meeting is to gather information regarding the reasons for seeking services, current presenting problems, history of concerns as well as the review of current and previous developmental, medical, academic, social and emotional functioning.
- Parents are asked to prior to their intake meeting to verify their behavioral health coverage through their insurance company. We are in network for Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO. We are no longer in network for Blue Options and are considered a Tier II provider for Blue Choice plans. We request that all clients verify insurance coverage prior to initiating services at the practice. Please complete the Insurance Verification Form located in the ‘Forms’ section below.
- Parents are also asked to bring all previous evaluations including academic and psychological evaluations, medical evaluations as well as educational plans to the intake appointment.
- After the intake evaluation is completed, appointments with our psychiatrists, neuropsychologist and therapists will be arranged.
At Afg Guidance Center, we trust you share our belief that therapy is crucial to the successful treatment of your child. We understand there will be unavoidable events will prevent you from keeping your regularly scheduled appointments. We ask that you take a moment to review and become familiar with our Cancellation Policy. You can download a copy as well.