We Are Expanding
Afg Guidance Center is opening a second office in October 2018 in Lincolnshire, IL We will be offering psychiatric care, neuropsychological assessments as well as therapy services at our new location.
Welcome to the Practice
Afg Guidance Center is happy to welcome Birju Patel, M.D. and Soo J. Lee, M.D. child, and adolescent psychiatrists to our growing practice.
Dr. Birju Patel joined Afg Guidance Center in March of 2018 and is now with us full time to complete psychiatric evaluations as well as seeing clients for medication management and supportive therapy. Dr. Patel completed his general psychiatry residency at Mount Sinai Beth Israel in New York City and a child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. Dr. Patel’s areas of interest and expertise include depression, anxiety, mood instability, and executive functioning dysregulation. Dr. Pate will be seeing clients at both our Kenilworth and Lincolnshire offices.
Dr. Soo J. Lee, M.D. will be joining Afg Guidance Center in November of 2018 providing psychiatric evaluations as well as medication management services at our Lincolnshire Office. Dr. Lee completed her psychiatry residency at St. Louis University Medical Center and her child and adolescent fellowship at Rush University Medical Center. During her time at Rush, Dr. Lee served as the Medical Director of the Autism Assessment, Research, and Treatment Center at Rush University.
New to AFG Guidance Center:
- We are in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO. We are no longer in-network for Blue Options and are considered a Tier II provider for Blue Choice plans. We request that all clients verify insurance coverage prior to initiating services at the practice.
- We are now utilizing ICANotes for our electronic records. You may have received an email invitation from email@example.com to gain access to an online patient portal. You may also go to https://patientonlineportal.com/ to register your account. By doing so, you will be able to have HIPAA secure electronic communication with your psychiatrists and therapists.
- We are asking everyone to register and start utilizing this mode of communication and stop using the providers’ afgfamily.com emails.
- You will still be able to communicate with our support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 847-853-0234 to schedule appointments.
- High School Executive Functioning group returns Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 8pm.
- Middle School Executive Functioning group returns Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 5pm.
- Space is limited, please contact us if you are interested in enrolling your child into one of these 8 week groups at email@example.com or 847-853-0234.
Services we Provide
- Our psychiatrists are providing psychiatric evaluations and medication management services.
- Our neuropsychological evaluations are individualized comprehensive assessments where are clinicians provide thoughtful reports as well as ongoing support and advocacy to obtain individual education plans.
- Our Neuropsychology program focuses on helping individuals via the use of neurofeedback, cognitive stimulation, biofeedback, audio-visual entrainment, and cranial electrical simulation.
- Our therapy services include individual, family and group therapy modalities as well as individual executive functioning coaching.
Alfreda Grosrenaud, M.D., Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Biju Patel, M.D., Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Soo J. Lee, M.D., Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Kimberly Mula, Psy.D., Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Yehuda Smolarcik, Psy.D., Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Seth Preminger, Psy.D., Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Caroline Novotny, Psy.D., Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Lauren Eakin, Psy.D., Post-Doctoral Fellow
Morgan Lasley, Psy.D., Post-Doctoral Fellow
Danette Palomar, M.A. LCPC, Child Development Specialist
Ben Spanner, M.A., LPC, NCC
Lindsey Fleming, M.A.
Elena Labkovsky, Ph.D., BCIA-EEG, Licensed Neuropsychologist
Elena Davydova, Ph.D., Certified Neurofeedback Clinician